donderdag 11 september 2008

Bandana technique

This book I altered for a challenge on Rangerinklink Yahoo group. Robin Beam once demonstrated het bandana technique and the crowd is going wild! Bandana's everywhere! The trick is to find some nice stamps and start drawing doodles around them with the Ranger White Gelpen. The doodles on my booklet are very small, I hope you can see them on the photo!

Dit boekje heb ik "altered" voor een challenge op de Rangerinklink Yahoo group. Robin Beam demonstreerde haar Bandana technique en het is een groot succes! De truuk is om een paar goede stempels te vinden en dan doodles eromheen te tekenen.

I started with dabbing the surface with a slight coating of acrylic paint from the dabbers. (juniper in this case) The layers are heat set with the heattool. Then I added some smudges of Paint Dabber Pearl. I used the inkblending tool to work Distress inks on the surface: Aged Mahoganey, Brushed Corduroy and Walnut Stain.
I painted the Grungeboard hinges, lock and little key with alcohol ink Silver.

Eerst heb ik het oppervlak bewerkt met een dun laagje Acrylic verf (Paint Dabber Juniper) Daarna een paar strepen Paint Dabber Pearl. Tussen de laagjes steeds gedroogd met de heattool. Ik heb de inkblending tool gebruikt om Distress inks aan te brengen: Aged Mahoganey, Brushed Corduroy en Walnut Stain.
De scharnieren, slot en kleine sleutel zijn gekleurd met Alcohol inkt Silver.

1 opmerking:

Anne zei

Hi Linda, This is my first visit to your site and I love it! You have some fabulous artwork on here! I picked your name at random on Becca's site at AmazingPaperGrace.com for the comment wealth share, and I'm so glad I did - your work is fabulous! Nice to 'meet' you! ;o)