woensdag 3 september 2008

Watercolor technique

Today my scrapbuddy and collegue Christa came over and we used the watercolor technique described on Tim Holz' blog. You can see the results! We were very happy with them. The stamps we used are on the picture. The black card is Christa's. She used the big flower stamp for the background and blended Distress Dusty Concord over it. The quote is: "sometimes on the way to our dreams we get lost and find a better one".
The red card is mine. I used Darkroom Door stamps and Distress Peeled Paint and Fired Brick. A little congratulations stamp and red/green ribbons completed the card. I scanned the cards seperately to give you a closer look.


Vandaag kwam mijn stempelvriendin en collega Christa bij me en we hebben met de waterverf-techniniek van Tim Holz' blog gespeeld. Het was een erg leuke morgen. De stempels die we gebruikt hebben staan op de foto. De zwarte kaart is van Christa. Ze gebruikte de grote bloemenstempel in de achtergrond en met de inkblending tool heeft ze de rest ingekleurd met Distress Dusty Concord. De quote luidt: "Sometimes on the way to our dreams we get lost and find a better one".
De rode kaart is van mij. Ik heb Darkroom Door stempels gebruikt en Distress Peeled Paint en Fired Brick. Een kleine "gefeliciteerd" stempel en rood/groen lint maakten het af. Ik heb de kaarten nog even apart gescand om ze beter te kunnen laten zien.

I hope you like them and start experimenting with watercolor technique!

Ik hoop dat je ze leuk vindt en ook met waterverf techniek gaat experimenteren!

4 opmerkingen:

COCO zei

HI There LInda,
I am a cardmaker, mixed media from South Australia. I saw your comment on Tim Holtz's blog and viewed your cards. They are Lovely... well done. It is so nice to see the techniques used so well. Have a happy day and keep on creating as Tim would sayxx

Coco xxx

KAT zei

Linda - love the purple one and I am not a purple girl---- love all the detals in that one... TFS!

KAT

PS - I still have Tim's Aug challenge on my list of things to do!!!

Anoniem zei

Oh Linda, I do love that, especially the geraniums!
Beautiful!

Rika zei

Prachtige kaarten Linda!