zondag 7 april 2013

Tone-on-tone with Hero Hues

While having fun with solid background I revisited my background stamps and reviewed my Hero Arts inks. I indulged myself with the gorgeous colors and tone-on-tone technique!
 
The complete card set I made this afternoon based on Hero Arts sketch challenge. I found these cute little Dutch sentiments at the stamping event yesterday and I hoped they would fit the different die-cuts. And they fitted perfectly!
 
Left card: "birthday". HA inks: pool and stonewash. Stamps: zig zag background, antique engravings shells
Right card: "get well soon". HA inks: soft leaf and forever green. Stamps: daisy outline pattern (S5472. Sorry, I could find no link to this stamp) and the strawberry from engraved fruits.
After I saw Shari's technique video, I colored the shells and strawberries with water soluble  oil pastels.
 
Left card: "strength". HA inks: soft sand and cup o' joe. Stamps: lace background, butterfly die cut from playful flowers and butterflies.
Right card: "today is your day". HA inks: soft blossom and red royal. Stamps: large flower background. little flower from playful flowers and butterflies. I cut out the large blossom by hand and glued it on the inside of the card, in the lower right corner.
 
Enjoy!

even the littlest comment is greatly appreciated!

1 opmerking:

Lin zei

Just love seeing this set of wonderful cards, Linda! Our HA backgrounds are so versatile, but they are generally not used this way - love your idea!